Category and Items Specifics eBay Update :: Affects US | UK |DE
From August, Sellers can enjoy increased sales with improved product find and search as more categories are refined on eBay. Customers will be able to find relevant products quicker and easier so Sellers can enjoy increased exposure and those all important words, ‘more sales!’.
- Tickets Category, will be expanded and aligned with the new eBay catalogue
- Coins Category, will receive additions, renames and category rollups in US coins. There will also be additions in World Coins and New Medieval Coins
- MP3 Player Accessories Category, will receive additions, renames and category roll‐ups. Comics Category, will receive rollups in favour of custom item specifics and a few new additions
- eBay Motors, will receive New Make and Model Categories and category expansions in Racing Parts
- Tickets will receive a New Catalogue
- Computer and Networking Category Refinement
- Consumer Electronics Catalogue will be refined
eBay Categories moving from defined Item Specifics to Custom Item Specifics
- Home Audio
- Car Amplifiers
This update will be rolled out from August 22nd / 23rd 2011
As a seller, how does this help me?
With improved product search, clients will be able to find your products quicker and easier than ever before. Meaning your sales will increase, as relevant Buyers find your products faster!
What do I need to do as a seller?
- Sellers need to familiarise themselves with the new eBay categories and start using them as soon as they are available to maximise listing potential
- Sellers should familiarise themselves with the new item specifics to gain maximum listing potential
- Make sure your items are competitively priced to get the best exposure
- Consider revising all of your existing listings with the new condition values
- Consider the use of a bulk revision tool to make the update transition easier
To help you, we’ve created this completely FREE eBay tool, the ‘eBay Category Feature Finder Tool’
Check back tomorrow for the detailed article on ‘Fashion Classification Mandates’ SR 11.2. (Article 5 of 10)
Can’t wait ? Download all 10 articles now:
Download ALL the update articles with top tips here (completely FREE):
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest: