If you want to know more about the many benefits of Shopify, and why it has become a highly popular ecommerce platform, read on.
With more than 2 million online retailers selling to 655 million consumers in 175 countries, it’s fair to say that Shopify is a really big deal.
In many ways, Shopify democratised eCommerce by creating a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) eCommerce platform that businesses of any size can deploy. As such, Shopify is the eCommerce platform of choice for simple side hustles, “mom and pop” shops, and all the way up to major global brands, including Nestle, Kylie Cosmetics, and Rebecca Minkoff.
So why is Shopify so popular with so many different eCommerce brands? How long have you got? We’ve compiled a list of 20 benefits of Shopify to get you started. Take a look at the pros (and a few cons).
20 Reasons To Set Up Shop on Shopify
- Easy Set-up: A major benefit of Shopify is that it offers a user-friendly interface that simplifies the process of setting up an online store. It provides pre-designed templates and a drag-and-drop editor, allowing even non-technical users to create a fairly professional-looking store quickly.
- All-in-One Solution: Shopify is an all-in-one platform that provides everything you need to start and run an online store. It includes web hosting, domain registration, secure payment gateways, inventory management, order tracking, and more, eliminating the need for multiple third-party tools.
- Design and Theme Options: One of the benefits of Shopify is that it provides a variety of free and paid professional themes to give your store an appealing and professional look. You can choose from different styles and layouts. Pre-made Shopify themes offer a convenient starting point for those seeking to set up an online store quickly.
However, it’s important to acknowledge their limitations and consider the potential trade-offs. Lack of uniqueness, limited customisation, scalability challenges, incompatibility with your particular business needs and dependence on theme developers for support and updates are factors that need careful consideration. If your business requires a tailored and scalable online presence, investing in a custom theme may be a more suitable option. Here at Frooition, custom Shopify themes and stores are one of the services we offer and you can find out more here. Ultimately, striking the right balance between convenience and customization is crucial to ensuring your online store effectively reflects your brand and delivers a unique and engaging customer experience.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Shopify stores are mobile-responsive, meaning they automatically adjust to fit the screen size of various devices. This ensures a seamless shopping experience for customers on smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- App Integrations: Shopify has a vast app store with numerous add-ons and integrations to enhance your store’s functionality. You can integrate tools for email marketing, social media, analytics, customer support, and much more, allowing you to customise your store to better meet your specific needs.
- Payment Options: Shopify offers a range of secure payment gateways, including its own payment system called Shopify Payments. It also integrates with popular third-party payment providers like PayPal and Stripe, giving customers flexibility in their payment choices.
- Scalability: Whether you’re just starting or experiencing rapid growth, Shopify can scale with your business. It can handle high traffic volumes and accommodate an increasing number of products and customers, ensuring your store remains reliable and performs well as you expand. With a custom Shopify store you won’t get stuck with a Shopify theme that no longer works for you as you scale and can also add features that you find you need along the way. Have a look at some examples of our designs.
- SEO-Friendly: Shopify is designed with SEO best practices in mind, helping your store rank higher in search engine results. It provides features like customisable meta tags, URL structure optimisation, sitemaps, and automatic generation of canonical tags, making it easier for search engines to crawl and index your site.
- Security and Reliability: Shopify takes care of security and reliability aspects, including data backups, hosting infrastructure, and SSL encryption. It ensures that your store is secure, PCI compliant, and protected against data breaches, giving you peace of mind.
- Customer Support: Shopify offers 24/7 customer support through various channels, including live chat, email, and phone. Whether you have technical questions, need assistance with your store set-up, or encounter any issues, their support team is there to help you.
- Analytics and Reporting: Shopify provides built-in analytics tools that give you insights into your store’s performance. You can track sales, visitor behaviour, referral sources, and other key metrics. These reports enable you to make data-driven decisions, optimise your marketing strategies, and improve your overall business performance.
- Abandoned Cart Recovery: Shopify provides built-in tools to help you recover abandoned carts. It automatically sends follow-up emails to customers who have left items in their carts, encouraging them to complete the purchase and recover potentially lost revenue.
- Multi-channel Selling: With Shopify, you can easily expand your reach by selling on multiple channels. It integrates with popular marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, allowing you to manage and sync your inventory across various channels from a centralised dashboard.
- International Selling: Shopify supports international selling by providing multi-currency support and allowing you to localise your store for different regions. You can set up multiple languages, currencies, and shipping options, making it easier to reach and serve customers worldwide.
- Customisation Options: Shopify offers several customisation options, allowing you to tailor your store’s design and functionality to match your brand. You can modify themes, customise the layout, add your logo, and apply custom CSS and HTML code to create a unique and personalised shopping experience. gain, there are limits to these customizations, for a store that look and works exactly the way you need, a custom Shopify design, such as the ones we deliver, is the way to go.
- Dropshipping Integration: If you’re interested in dropshipping, Shopify has seamless integrations with popular dropshipping apps and platforms. It simplifies the process of sourcing and fulfilling orders, enabling you to run a dropshipping business with ease.
- Automatic Updates and Security Patches: Shopify takes care of software updates and security patches, ensuring that your store is always up-to-date and protected against vulnerabilities. This saves you time and effort while ensuring your store remains secure.
- Order Fulfilment: Shopify offers integration with third-party fulfilment services, making it easy to manage and automate order fulfilment. You can connect with services like Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) or ShipStation to streamline your shipping processes and deliver orders efficiently.
- Community and Resources: Shopify has a vibrant community of entrepreneurs and developers. You can access a wide range of resources, including forums, tutorials, blog articles, and podcasts, to learn from experts, exchange ideas, and stay updated on the latest trends and best practices.
- Continuous Platform Improvement: Shopify is constantly evolving and improving its platform. They regularly release updates, new features, and enhancements based on user feedback and industry trends. This means you can benefit from ongoing platform improvements without the need for manual updates or upgrades.
Start Your Shopify eCommerce Journey With Frooition
Check out this article if you’re already selling on eBay and interested in how to move your listings on eBay to Shopify.
To learn more about how Frooition can help you set up your online shop and grow your business on Shopify, check out our Shopify Design services here and schedule a free discovery call with one of our eCommerce experts today.