Once considered an auction house for bedroom sellers, eBay is now a reliable multi-channel marketplace that allows blue-chip sellers to offer their branded products to a huge audience. Adding to Amazon’s marketplace lets you increase the level of exposure your products get and reach a much bigger audience. There are many differences between the two platforms when it comes to selling, there are some real benefits when it comes to expanding.
Why should you start selling on Amazon?
- To expand your reach: In 2020, between 350 to 450 million buyers visited Amazon.co.uk every month. And this amounts to double the number of global active users on eBay.
- It’s where most of your customers start their search: 63% of shoppers start their online product searches from Amazon.
- You’ll access great features: Amazon’s A+ content works to enhance your product descriptions, videos, and images. In fact, Amazon storefronts and A+ content increase sales by up to 10%.
- Your products get more exposure: When buyers look for their favourite products on Amazon, they’ll also get to see your product ranges.
- Amazons Buy Box guarantees you sales: Over 80% of all sales on Amazon come from products that make the buy box, so winning it is the key to success.
Selling on Amazon and eBay
So how can you start the ball rolling on Amazon and get your branded products to new markets? Amazon won’t help you in the same way as eBay. In fact, you almost never speak to an individual person behind Amazon’s closed doors, but this is where Optimizon can help.
Here are our tips to start you thinking about moving over:
Protect your brand registry
Nothing can be done until you have your trademark registered with Amazon. But it has been known for sellers to arrive on Amazon and find someone else has it registered it. In either case, Optimizon can help you with sorting your brand registry.
Repurpose your content
Amazon and eBay have very different format requirements for your copy, but if you already have powerful copy descriptions, great images, and all your logistics are set up on eBay, then a lot of it can be easily adapted for Amazon.
Plan how you’ll promote yourself
Getting the most out of Amazon relies on effective promotions, tied in with highly targeted Amazon Advertising and making sure you convert any traffic into sales. Planning can help you make the most of opportunities like Prime Day, which is a bonanza that helps you sell up to 9x more than any other day of the year. Get in touch with our team today.
Making the move to Amazon from eBay can often be the right next step to sell your products. But to do it well, you will need professional support. As specialists in Amazon Seller Central Management, Optimizon can help. Our experts can maximise your Return on Ad Spend (ROAS), optimize your content, and give you the support you need to become a successful seller on the platform.
With over 15 years of selling experience, our UK based account managers can give you the professional steer you need. So, why not contact us and let the team know your plans? We’d love to hear from you.
Looking for Amazon Brand Registry design?