Attracting international buyers to your eBay store isn’t as hard as you may think. All it takes is a little time and effort to spruce up your listings and you should be on track to sell all over the world!
To start selling internationally, you have two options:
- Sell all of your eligible items through eBay’s Global Shipping Program. Once your item sells to an international buyer, all you have to do is ship it to the Global Shipping Center, where it will then be sent to the final destination. If you also sell your products on Amazon or Rakuten, a multi-channel inventory management software like SellerActive would help manage all of your orders, including international orders, while streamlining your behind-the-scenes processes.
- Sell all of your eligible items directly to international buyers. Once your item sells, you mail it to the buyer directly. Most buyers are unaware of import fees or other costs, so you should add a discretionary note to all of your listings. Here’s an example of what would work best:International Buyers – Please Note:
- Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
- Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.
The Global Shipping Program offers major advantages for many eBay sellers, as it includes all costs upfront and doesn’t leave the buyer guessing. Another plus is that the program protects sellers when the item is lost or damaged during international shipping.
Here are a few other tips you should take note of before selling internationally:
- Attach a lot of high quality photos
- Describe the item in simple terms to not confuse foreign buyers with slang terms
- Make your return policy clear, especially if you aren’t going to be accepting any returns
- Include clothing measurements in Metric and English units
- If selling cellphones, make note if the item is available for use on other international networks
- Research relevant keywords to include in your listing. UK shoppers will identify with the word “jumper” as opposed to “sweater” in the US
Still have additional questions as to how you can expand your business globally? Check out the eBay Global Shipping Program FAQ page for all of your needs.
Source: eBay For Business Blog
SellerActive is the cloud inventory management platform for online retailers who want to efficiently eliminate time-consuming tasks. SellerActive streamlines the backend with knowledgeable support and new technology like fast listing and repricing tools, better market data, and efficient shipping solutions.
With outstanding support and proven technology, they’re your partners every step of the way as your business grows. To learn more, visit www.selleractive.com or call 1-800-545-7385.