December is here! The time for planning is almost over and you are hopefully very busy running your business.
There are a few things left for you to plan…
Prepare for returns
Prepare for items being returned, it will happen. Don’t take it personally; instead take it as an opportunity to provide good customer service you never know when that customer may return.
Things to prepare:
- Make sure you are aware of your latest rights and customer rights for every country/state you sell to
- Be aware of the insurance claim process with your couriers
- Communicate your returns policy effectively and have email templates ready to send
- Act quickly with returns, make sure you process your returns daily
Last posting dates
Work out your last posting dates AND TIMES! Once you have your last posting date you can calculate your last order date.
Once you have a last order date communicate it to your customers – letting them know when they need to order by is useful information and may just prompt them to make that last minute purchase.
Keep on informing your customers of your offers and news:
- Advertise that you can deliver in time for Christmas to give customers extra confidence in your business
- Make your order tracking prominent
- Advertise discounts and special offers
- Shout about product bundles to save people time when purchasing last minute gifts