The first game of the world cup is just a few weeks away, on the 12th June (Brazil VS Croatia). Television adverts are full of tenuous links from their products to the World Cup, everything from sportswear to mouthwash are trying to leverage the hype of the World Cup to push their products.
The fact is these large brands would not jump on the World Cup bandwagon if it didn’t work… With this in mind it’s time to look at your business and see how you can use the World Cup to the advantage of your products.
Step 1: Get into the spirit of the game:
- Update your storefront to include football imagery
- Change your best sellers to be football related
- Update any printouts (invoices, receipts or packing slips) to include a World Cup message (e.g. Come on England!)
Step 2: Look at your existing products, are there any that can be linked to the football? Products that typically sell well during football/sporting occasions are:
- Large TV’s and projectors (people tend to upgrade for the best experience – the World Cup is a great excuse)
- Surround sound systems
- Additional seating (indoors and out)
- Beer fridges
- Outdoor furniture and accessories
- Patriotic paraphernalia; flags, wigs etc.
Don’t forget to alter your descriptions to mention the World Cup
Step 3: Look at additional products you can offer specifically for the football season. Some ideas include:
- Car flags
- Vuvuzela (popular in the 2010 World Cup)
- Air horns
- Beach balls
- Face paint
- Flags & stickers
- React to what becomes popular throughout the tournament
Step 4: Have fun and think outside the box. Use the World Cup as an excuse to try something new and attempt some tricks that will get your business talked about. Ideas include:
- Offering free shipping if your team wins
- Giving away a freebie with every purchase (something a small as a sticker or country flag is enough to get people talking)
- Discounts based on the number of goals scored by your team
- Betting on the winning team – e.g. free mug for every customer is Brazil win.
If you are an existing customer and need help creating Football related graphics then contact your designer and they will be able to create a graphic for you.
If you do not have any design on your listings but would like to embrace all things football then sign up for a free 30 day trial to Froo Template Themes and apply football related designs to your live eBay listings: http://apps.froo.com