eBay are constantly advancing their platform to create a more enjoyable and efficient experience for both buyers and sellers.
Check out the latest eBay updates below and see how you can benefit:
(Please note, this is just a guide, always refer to your relevant eBay website for the latest accurate information)
Multi-variation Listings – September 2012
- From 10th September, buyers will be able to see more details about multi-variation listings in search results, such as price ranges, colour options etc.
- From 31st October, buyers will be able to list and manage multi-variation listings more efficiently with:
- Increased ease to add and rename variations
- Easier image management
- From November, eBay are launching a new multi-variation tool which will recommend listings for you to combine and create multi-variation listings without losing your sales history.
Feature First – September 2012
- In efforts to make eBay a fairer market place for sellers and maintain a fresh market eBay will be removing ‘feature first’ from September.
Sellers can acquire massive search exposure by achieving eBay’s Top-rated seller status (Read More Here) and meeting eBay Fast N Free requirements.
Motors: New European Tyre Law – Today
- From the 1st July 2012 European law states it’s a requirement to display tyre performance information in listings for tyre manufacturers. In order to help you, eBay have provided item specifics for tyre fuel efficiency, wet grip performance and external rolling noise.
- From November 2012, listings with conditions ‘New’, ‘New other’ and ‘used’ must include appropriate tyre performance information.
New – Listing Unit Prices – October 2012
- In efforts to better meet European laws and meet buyer expectations, from October you’ll be able to show both the selling price of your item and its unit price.
This will look something similar to:
Business Policies – Postponed
- Seller Release 12.1 announced the introduction of a powerful new eBay tool to manage your listing business policies (postage, returns and payment information) in one convenient central location, unfortunately this new tool has been postponed – eBay apologise for the inconvenience this causes.
As a seller how does this affect me?
Sellers who embrace these latest changes stand to benefit from increased relevant search exposure, traffic and sales on eBay as potential buyers will be able to find relevant products quicker with increased confidence.
What do I need to do as a seller?
- Familiarise yourself with the latest changes to multi-variation listings.
- Add related variation details to multi-variation listings from October (Colour, Shade etc).
- Ensure you display the legally required tyre performance information in your tyre, car, motorbike, commercial vehicle and camper tyre listings.
- Update your multi-variation listings to include as many item specifics and variations as is available to increase your potential search exposure.
- If you are listing clothing, shoes or accessory items which only differ in size or colour consider using multi-variation listings to save listing costs and list more efficiently.
With over 100,000 online client’s and a reputation of ‘World Leading Designs’; Frooition is a world leading design company. Working with enterprise clients Frooition create custom eBay store and listing designs that are proven to enhance clients buying experiences. Their corporate branding portfolio includes Calvin Klein, Karen Millen, Laura Ashley, Speedo, ToysRus and many more. Contact us today and see how you can benefit from our world leading eBay designs.
Don’t forget our designs are proven to increase eBay sales by up to a massive 30%! Contact us today! www.frooition.com
Check back tomorrow for a detailed release on SR12.2 eBay.co.uk ‘My Messages Update’