Confidence is everything on eBay, the more confident a buyer the more likely they are to buy from you. eBay’s latest updates makes it easy for sellers to create and maintain listings that are both relevant and confidence inspiring.
Take a look at these great updates below.
(Please note, this is just a guide, always refer to your relevant eBay website for the latest accurate information)
Pictures – October 2012
- Starting in October, sellers will no longer be able to submit listings through listings tools unless they include at least one picture. This applies to new, revised and relisting items.
- To ensure sellers have sufficient time to meet Seller Release 12.1 picture listing updates (announced last February) eBay have extended some requirements to 2013:
- A stock photo can only be used for new or refurbished items.
- All pictures must be a minimum of 500 pixels on the longest side.
- Product pictures may not include graffiti – added borders, text, or artwork. The only exception to this rule is picture watermarks for image ownership and attribution.
- Mobile is one of the fastest growing channels for eBay– it’s important to note images listed within a product’s listing description is not optimised for mobile users and will result in less engagement and sales from mobile device users.
Item Condition Notes – October 2012
- From October 22nd, item condition notes will be prominently displayed at the top of product item listing pages in efforts to reduce the number of buyer questions and issues raised on product listings.
Item Location – October 2012
- Prospective buyers have increased confidence in products where location information is available. From October 22nd you can more easily add item location information to your listings; where zip codes can be validated you can enter a valid zip code and eBay will auto fill listing city and state to increase buyer confidence.
If a listing includes an invalid zip code, buyers will only see the item country on the item page.
Vehicle History Reports
- Vehicle sellers can benefit from increased search exposure in Best Match when they include the vehicle history report from AutoCheck in their vehicle listings.
Research indicates vehicle purchase rates are higher when prospective buyers can view history reports on eBay
As a seller how does this affect me?
This latest update will help inspire greater buyer confidence in your listings, increasing sales and enhancing the buyers experience with you as a professional eBay business.
What do I need to do as a seller?
- Familiarise yourself with the latest update to maximise your sales potential
- Update your listings accordingly to meet these updates
- Try to use consistent product pictures across all of your products.
- Look to use similar professional photo’s throughout your listings to create a professional ‘feel’.
- If you’re taking the photo’s yourself, try to use the same camera, at the same photo distance for all of your shots to further enhance a consistent experience.
- Monitor eBay analytics to test the effectiveness of different product photo’s.
- Test listing vehicle motor listings with vehicle history versus listings without vehicle history and monitor the effect through eBay analytics.
- Take a look at this great eBay article on taking product photos http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/sellingresources/phototoptips.html
With over 100,000 online client’s and a reputation of ‘World Leading Designs’; Frooition is a world leading design company. Working with enterprise clients Frooition create custom eBay store and listing designs that are proven to enhance clients buying experiences. Their corporate branding portfolio includes Calvin Klein, Karen Millen, Laura Ashley, Speedo, ToysRus and many more. Contact us today and see how you can benefit from our world leading eBay designs.
Don’t forget our designs are proven to increase eBay sales by up to a massive 30%! Contact us today! www.frooition.com
Check back tomorrow for a detailed release on SR12.2 eBay Catalogue Changes (USA)
Like this? Please Share and Like us on Facebook!