eBay understand the importance of maintaining a safe and fair market place, the more confident a prospective buyer the more likely they are to buy from you, and the better the buying experience with you the more likely they are to return and buy again and again.
As a result eBay have introduced the following great highlights to help you maintain an excellent level of customer service in a fairer and safer eBay market place.
(Please note, this is just a guide, always refer to your relevant eBay website for the latest accurate information)
Contact Sellers First – February 2013
- Starting in February, buyers will be required to contact sellers first through messages before they can open a Buyer Protection case. This will give sellers the opportunity to resolve many issues without involving eBay’s Customer Support; improving seller efficiency and buyer confidence in sellers.
- Buyers can choose to message with either ‘item not received’ or ‘item not as described’.
Opened Cases – February 2013
- In addition, from February sellers can look forward to a fairer eBay selling experience where performance ratings will no longer be affected by the number of opened cases against a seller but rather the number of cases that are not found in the sellers favour.
- Buyers will be required to wait at least three business days for a seller to respond to a raised issue before a protection case can be raised to eBay Customer Support.
- Sellers will easily be able to track and respond to issues raised as ‘item not received’ or ‘item not as described’ in the Resolution Centre, in addition, you will receive the usual notifications via eBay Messages for increased awareness.
- If the buyer continues to open a case at least three or more business days after contacting you, it will be raised to eBay’s Customer Support for a resolution.
Faster ways to report a buyer – October 2012
- eBay continually strive to enhance their reporting hub to maintain a fairer market place, from October sellers can enjoy a more accessible and enhanced reporting hub which makes it easier to reach eBay directly to report buyers violating policies or misusing Buyer Protection, Feedback and returns.
As a seller how does this affect me?
By empowering you with a more efficient reporting hub and a three day opportunity to resolve customer issues you can concentrate on running your eBay business in a more enjoyable a fairer market place.
What do I need to do as a seller?
- Familiar yourself with the latest buyer and seller protection policies.
- Start planning for February to ensure you can provide a quick response time on all raised issues – the quicker your response time the happier the clients experience and the more likely you might be able to resolve issues prior a case being raised to eBay’s Product Support Team.
- Prevention is better than cure, try to ensure all your listings accurately describe and reflect the item – try to use the eBay catalogue where possible and use high quality photographs to show your products in high detail.
- Use signed for delivery services at every opportunity to protect you as a seller and reduce the risk of ‘lost’ parcels
- Ensure your items can be tracked through your delivery service and provide tracking information at the earliest opportunity to buyers – this will help your buyers to feel empowered and help deflect problems should issues arise.
- Consider formatting all of your emails to create a consistent, professional and confidence inspiring experience. Remember, every point of contact you have with clients reflects directly on you as an individual and as a seller.“Nout comes across wrse than shrt hand types, misspelz and not good grammar, aye it?”
With over 100,000 online client’s and a reputation of ‘World Leading Designs’; Frooition is a world leading design company. Working with enterprise clients Frooition create custom eBay store and listing designs that are proven to enhance clients buying experiences. Their corporate branding portfolio includes Calvin Klein, Karen Millen, Laura Ashley, Speedo, ToysRus and many more. Contact us today and see how you can benefit from our world leading eBay designs.
Don’t forget our designs are proven to increase eBay sales by up to a massive 30%! Contact us today! www.frooition.com
Check back tomorrow for a detailed release on SR12.2 Protection and rewards – ‘Top Rated Plus’
Like this? Please Share and Like us on Facebook!