In efforts to make eBay a safer and more comfortable selling and buying environment eBay are introducing new buyer and seller protections.
(Please note, always refer to your relevant eBay website for the latest accurate information)
- Sellers will automatically qualify for a 5 star communication DSR where listing transactions meet the following criteria:
– Tracking is uploaded or the item is marked as dispatched within 1 business working day after payment has been received
– Stated handling time is 1 working day or same day
– The payment method is PayPal, making the payment date visible to eBay
– No communication took place between the buyer and seller for 14 days before the transaction up until the point that Feedback was left. This includes messages within My eBay and any opened cases
- From May, if a seller opens an unpaid item claim case, all related feedback and detailed seller ratings will be blocked or automatically removed where the transaction only offers PayPal and no local pick up is offered
- From 1st May, international buyers (buyer location country does not match the item location country) will automatically receive one of two messages in the postage and packaging section of the item page and in eBay checkout to help buyers understand their customs obligations
– If the item price is below the customs threshold, buyers will be informed that the items may be subject to customs processing depending on the item value declared
– If an item is above the customs threshold in the US, Canada and Australia, buyers from these countries will be notified there could be delays
– Buyer feedback which reference these issues will be removed upon a seller’s request
As a seller, how does this help me?
These updates will further protect sellers from unfair feedback and create a greater opportunity to achieve a Top Rated Seller status.
What do I need to do as a seller?
- Familiarise yourself with the latest buyer and seller protection policies
- Consider offering Same Day Handling and FREE shipping on your products to increase sales and improve your DSR’s
- Ensure your listings clearly describe your items and list your items with specifics, returns policy, postage information and payment methods to reduce buyer questions and support your DSR’s
- If you sell internationally consider removing details on customs
Check back tomorrow for details on Save time by listing with business policies (Early May)
Like this? Please Share and Like us on Facebook!