Fashion Classification Mandates :: July 20th :: Affects US / UK / DE
Did you know that in the eBay fashion categories, more than 40% of eligible listings lacked size, nearly 20% excluded Brand, and more than 50% currently exclude colour! So, it’s no surprise eBay are mandating key item specifics to unlock this massive sales potential being missed by so many Sellers on eBay. This will critically improve the eBay shoppers buying experience and increase sales.
- From 20th July, item specific details will be required for all new and revised listings in Fashion
- Items that fail to meet these new definitions by July 20th will be ended
As a seller, how does this help me?
Buyers will be able to find relevant key items quicker and easier through item specific searches. This will unlock a massive sales potential for your eBay Store.
What do I need to do as a seller?
- Use item specific values for all your new listings
- Revise your existing listings with item specific values (including Good ‘Til Cancelled listings)
- Consider the use of a bulk revision tools to make the update transition easier
- Use our FREE eBay Category Feature Finder Tool to familiarise yourselves with eBay CategoryFeatures and Sub Categories Click Here
- Continue to fully describe your item in the body of your listings and keep consistency with the item specific values you choose
- Provide plenty of photos that complement the description and item specifics
Check back tomorrow for the detailed article on ‘eBay Catalogue Update’ SR 11.2. (Article 6 of 12)
Can’t wait ? Download all 12 articles now:
Download ALL the update articles with top tips here (completely FREE):
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest: