eBay – Increasing your global reach?
As buyers, we love getting a great deal on eBay, but when it comes to buying global, nothing puts us off more than those pricey courier charges. Fortunately, eBay are increasing the number of available shipping options for both domestic and international shipping!
From the 1st June, eBay will be increasing the number of domestic shipping services from 3 to 4, and the number of international shipping options from 3 to 5! This is great news for eBayers, with more delivery services, it means more delivery options and overall, more competitive pricing.
As an eBay Seller, you will be able to specify carrier and cost for more international buyers, not only will this increase your reach on eBay and speed up the checkout process, but it should also help your DSR’s (Detailed Seller Ratings) by setting customer shipping expectations.
- From the 1st of June, you will have the option to specify more international shipping carriers and costs in your listings.
- Sellers who specify international shipping options will have greater exposure by being displayed in the main eBay search results.
- Specifying international shipping options will become mandatory in August 2011.
What do I need to do as a seller?
- Start using the new shipping options to add more value to your customers
- As a Frooition customer, you don’t need to worry about a thing. We’ve already updated our systems so you can start updating your listings from the moment the update goes live.
- Add more shipping options to your products. By doing so, your clients will have increased confidence in you as a seller. Not only will this increase customer confidence which mean more sales for you, but by specifying the carrier will help deflect customer pressure when things go wrong.
- Get the best carrier prices you can. Start by calculating your average monthly parcel send and approach three different carriers to negotiate the best rate on your average monthly volumes.
Remember, all is fair in love and carrier charges, play them off for the best prices possible!
- Stay competitive; check your competitors carrier charges regularly to remain competitive.
How we can help you
As a Frooition customer, you have complete peace of mind. We’re the only UK eBay certified Provider, which means our software is always prepared for these eBay updates, so you can start listing seamlessly the instant this new eBay update goes live.
Simply visit our website and contact us today to see how we can help you.