8 days and your listings might be changing! – eBay catalogue changes :: 20th April 2011
Buyers flock to eBay daily in search for the hottest deals. To help them find what they’re looking for, eBay have requested sellers listing in some Electronics and Media categories to match products from the eBay catalogue.
You can start listing or relisting your items right away (including Good ‘Till Cancelled) with the eBay catalogue, however you need to have updated all your affected listings by 17 May or risk having them ended.
To see which of your listings might be affected, follow the eBay link below:
- From 17th May 2011, sellers listing in certain Electronics and Media categories must list with a matching product from the eBay catalogue
- Sellers can start listing or relisting items from the 8th April 2011 so they keep showing in the search results after the 17th May 2011
- Listings not matched with a product in the eBay catalogue will be ended automatically. This includes (Good ‘Til Cancelled)
- Values will be more descriptive, enabling sellers to give more accurate information on the condition of the item, resulting in fewer buyer questions
- Item conditions need to be updated in selected media categories by the 9th May 2011
- The condition value ‘used’ will no longer be an option in the media category from 9th May 2011, and can be replaced with values such as; like new, very good, good or acceptable
What do I need to do as a Seller?
- Adopt listing your Electronics and Media products using the eBay Catalogue from the April 2011
- If you have listings in Electronics and Media Categories that were not listed within the category, revise or relist them with the eBay catalogue before the 17th May 2011
- Make sure your items are competitively priced to get maximum exposure
- Use the most suitable item condition value with all of your new listings
- Consider revising all of your existing listings with the new condition values
- Consider the use of a bulk revision tool to make the update transition easier
How can we help?
With over 4 million live listings and a house full of happy programming experts we have produced an array of brilliant eBay tools, bulk revision is our top eBay listing tool, this tool will not only save you a huge amount of time reviewing listings (and labour costs), but it will also create more time for you to focus on your eBay business, helping you to increase sales. It’s no wonder it’s our most popular product!
Simply visit our website and contact us today to see how we can help you.